Shepherd’s Breakfast Pie Recipe
Shepherd’s Breakfast Pie
Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 6 people
- 3/4 pound turkey bacon strips, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups shredded sweet potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup shredded Daiya Vegan Cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup drippings in pan.
- Stir in sweet potatoes. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until bottom is golden brown, about 10 minutes. Turn potatoes. With the back of a spoon, make 8 evenly spaced wells in potato mixture. Break 1 egg into each well and pour the egg whites over top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook, covered, on low until eggs are set and potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand until cheese is melted.
Can add in additional toppings for flavor such as bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc.