Mediterranean Chicken Meatballs
Ready in 25 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fat-free feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the egg white, panko, feta, parsley, rosemary, and ground chicken. Mix well and set aside.
- In a second bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, salt, tomatoes, and chicken peas. Toss well and spread in an even layer on the baking sheet. Roll the chicken mixture into 2 inch balls and place on top of the chickpeas and tomato. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until meatballs are firm and cooked through. If desired, serve with brown rice or quinoa. Serve and enjoy!