Halibut Fish Tacos Recipe
Halibut Fish Tacos
Ready in 35 minutes
Serves 4 people
For the fish
- 16 oz Alaskan Halibut fillet
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp chili powder
- ⅛ tsp cumin
- pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbs olive oil
For the salsa
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup chopped minced red onion
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 lime, juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the tacos
- La Tortilla Factory Protein Tortillas
- Lime wedges
- In a plastic bag, add fish, lime zest, lime juice, garlic, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper, and olive oil. Tightly seal bag, and massage the fish until all ingredients are combined. Store in the refrigerator, and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, gently fold together mango, avocado, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, tomatoes, lime zest, lime juice, salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Heat an indoor grill pan to medium high heat, and drizzle with olive oil. Cook halibut 3-5 minutes per side, or until flaky.
- Warm tortillas according to package instructions.
- Fill each tortilla with flakes of fish, top with salsa, garnish with lime wedges, and serve immediately.
Adjust ingredients as necessary to hit macros.