Chicken Tortilla Soup
Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 8 oz Rotisserie chicken
- 1 (15 oz) can Fire roasted tomatoes, diced
- 1 (10 oz) can Red enchilada sauce
- 1Small onion, chopped
- 1 Zucchini, chopped
- 1 (4 oz) can Green chilies
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 3Bay leaves
- 4 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- Fresh lime juice
- Daiya Vegan Cheese, shredded
- La Tortilla Factory Protein Tortilla
- While rotisserie chicken is still warm, pick all meat off the bones. Place chicken meat in a large soup pot. Discard bones, or save if you like to make homemade stock. Place all ingredients from roasted tomatoes through bay leaves in the same pot as the chicken. Turn heat to high.
- As soon as soup begins to boil, turn to medium-low heat and continue to cook until onions are translucent and zucchini is tender. About 30 minutes.
- Serve soup with chopped cilantro, fresh lime juice, sour cream, cheese, avocado and toasted tortilla
Add additional chicken breast to increase protein quantity.