Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 8 people
- 1/2 pound ground chicken sausage
- Spray olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chili peppers
- 1 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup SILK Dairy Free cream
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 8-10 (8 inch) La Tortilla protein tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, cook the sausage until browned. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft, 3-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet with the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are thickened but still slightly moist.
- Remove from heat and stir in cooked sausage, green chilies and cheddar cheese. Season egg mixture with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the green enchilada sauce, SILK dairy free cream and chili powder.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking pan. Spread about 1/2 cup of the green enchilada/cream sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the egg mixture into the center of a tortilla and roll. Place in pan, seam side down. Repeat until all of the filling has been used.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top.
- Cover with foil. (If desired, enchiladas can be made to this point and refrigerated overnight before baking).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Uncover and bake about 10 minutes more, or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is golden.
- Top with optional toppings of choice.
Add additional toppings as desired