Meal Prep is absolutely essential for your long term success and health goals. Setting aside the time on a regular basis will help you achieve what you desire with your physique.
Through my experience of seeing people struggle to hit their health goals it comes down to failure to plan to do the little things it takes in order to reach the end goal.
Keys to meal prep:
- Know your what your end result or goal is with your health.
- Know what the time frame you have to achieve your goal.
- Understand the Macro nutrients of food (carbs, protein, fats).
- Define what foods you enjoy and would be willing to eat.
- Know how many days you are preparing for and for what meals you are planning.
- Be creative and make sure to have lots of Tupperware. (6 Pack Fitness Containers or amazing).
- Having a good food scale!
Meal prepping is extraordinarily rewarding because you will feel accomplished, organized, and understand exactly what you are putting in your body knowing you are accomplishing your goals one meal at a time.
I have attached a YouTube Video of a Meal Prep Session we did the other day in order to set ourselves up for success for the future.
Meal Prep Recipe
-Baked Mojito Lime Seasoned Chicken Breast
-Baked Diced Sweet Potatoes
-Oven Roasted Olive and Seasalt Brussel Sprouts
- Preheat Oven to 400° Degree
- In one large bowl place chicken breast 2 tbsp Olive Oil and Graters Mojito Lime Seasoning
- In separate pan place Slice up Potatoes into small diced pieces and mix w/ Coconut Oil, Salt and Pepper
- Cut the Brussel Sprouts in half and put Olive Oil and salt and pepper over top of them.
- In a separate pan place Broccoli in large pan and bring 1 cup water and broccoli to boil for 12 min (covered)
- Place Chicken Breast in Oven for 35 min (make sure your chicken is cooked completely *no red)
- Place Seasoned Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts in Oven
- Brussels for 25 min
- Sweet Potatoes for 35 min